In the age of mandatory selfies and Zoom calls, who doesn't want to look good? Although here’s what doesn’t feel good: Booked out appointment slots, peak traffic, waiting rooms, and small talk with strangers. More and more people today want to indulge in weekly salon appointments, but aren’t happy with the traditional salon experience. They want to make that stellar first, second and tenth impression, but don’t want the hassle that comes with it.
Customers of today are impatient and privileged. Beating your competition and building a successful business would, therefore, mean fulfilling their demands instantly and efficiently. How do you do that?
Make your own beauty salon app. Still not convinced? Let’s start with the basics.
How do salon apps work?
A salon app makes tasks like booking appointments and sending reminders a breeze. Customers can book treatments through your app and you can link it to any order management software you already have. They can also pay through your app minimising face-to-face contact with your staff and removing any need to handle cash. Customers can book whenever they want and wherever they are. So instead of spending time on the phone taking bookings or messing about with spreadsheets (or hiring someone else to do that) you can get back to the part you’re passionate about. Plus you can explain all your services in a beautiful way. You’ll reach out to new customers and encourage the ones you have to try new things. Once your app sits on your customer’s phone – its icon reminds them of your scissor skills, every time they scroll past.
Let’s look at a few must-have features for your salon app and how they work:
- Appointment booking: This is the must-have feature in any spa or salon app. It allows your customers to book, edit, and cancel appointments.
- Direction: As your business is location-oriented, having GPS navigation in your app will help your customers find your shop easily.
- Loyalty points: Keep customer retention rates high by offering loyalty points. Sharing a part of your profits with your customers will keep them coming back.
- Discounts & Coupons: Again, give your customers a reason to come back and you can make these time-sensitive to cover less busy periods. Reward happy customers and find new ones.
- In-app payment: It’s the age of digital payments. What if your app allows your customers to pay for treatments through your app and get their receipt in their inbox?
- Product shopping: If you recommend a series of beauty products to your customers, then offering them on your app could be a money-making model for you.
- Social distancing: Your customers sign into the app and then it sends them warning messages if they stray too close to others. Geofencing means if 2 customers move closer than 2m (or whatever spacing you set up) they’ll both be notified. Lets your staff concentrate on cutting hair and making your clients look and feel beautiful.
- Contact-free orders: This app makes tasks like booking appointments and sending reminders a breeze. Customers can book treatments through your app and you can link it to any order management software you already have. They can also pay through your app minimising face-to-face contact with your staff and removing any need to handle cash.
How to code a salon app
You don’t have to! If you choose Builder.ai, we make building software as easy as ordering a pizza. Build stronger relationships with your customers and offer them easy-book appointments with social distancing and contact-free payments- without coding a single line.
Which app builder should I pick for my salon app development?
You’re searching ‘salon app maker’ and faced with millions of options. Obviously we’d suggest choosing us and we’ll also tell you why.
Why make your own salon app with Builder.ai?
- According to Harvard Business Reports, the on-demand economy attracts 22.4 million consumers annually, who spend $57.6 billion on them. The on-demand economy is definitely not a bubble. Your customers want flexibility, personalization, and responsiveness, and only a salon app builder can help you accomplish the task.
- Replace guesswork with the valuable customer insights you’ll get from your own app. After 2 years the app is yours. Unlike other monthly app building subscriptions, you’re not tied in and can host it anywhere you like. All that data remains yours to help you grow your business.
- Send push notifications – remind them when their next appointment is due. These can be location-based so if they’re nearby and you’re quiet, why not offer a promo on a quick trim? Or start Mani Mondays and get existing clients to try new services. Send a little love back to your customers and reward them for inviting their friends.
- For a low monthly fee you get your own app – the only branding customers see is yours – and all the features you need to run your salon in this unusual time. You also get Builder Care (our aftercare service) and Builder Cloud (cloud capacity to run your app is included too!).
How much does it cost to develop a salon app with us?
₹9,999 a month. That’s all.
For this price, you’ll get an award-winning app in 12 weeks – with essential COVID features, your own branding, free maintenance and the cloud to run it too!
With zero coding skills and a low monthly fee, you get your own app – the only branding customers see is yours – and all the features you need to run your salon. You also get Builder Care (our aftercare service) and Builder Cloud (cloud capacity to run your app is included too!). This one is a no-brainer, Builders! Click here to get started today.