Table of contents
What kind of weather apps can you build?
Builder Studio lets you build feature-packed weather forecasting apps for various platforms including web, mobile, and wearables. Let’s dig it out to see what kind of weather forecasting apps you can build?
Mobile Apps: Builder Studio lets you build native weather apps for mobile platforms (iOS and Android) without writing code. Build your own weather apps for iOS and Android today and make it live on app stores with no time.
Wearable Apps: Build your own weather forecasting apps for wearables ( watchOS and Wear OS) without coding a single line or worrying about the technology behind it. Building wearable apps are easy, fast, and cost-effective with us. So, what are you waiting for? Start building yours for those who love to stay updated.
Web Apps: Build progressive web apps (PWA) or simple websites without writing code with us. Building your PWAs are easy, fast, and cost-effective. Start building yours today!
Desktop Apps: Build that weather app for desktop users (macOS and Windows OS) with us. Building a weather app is as fast as ordering a pizza with us. Don’t trust our words? Start building yours today!
What features should your weather application have?
Alexa, will it rain today? How many times did you ask this question to your voice assistant or checked your weather app on your mobile device or smartwatch before leaving your home? Could be hundreds of times. Weather apps are the need of time and being used worldwide. If you have an app idea and want to get it developed, we recommend you to have a thorough read to the must-have features for your weather app.
Must-have weather application features:
App notifications: How about sending a notification to your app users about weather updates? Well, we got notifications to do that task for you. This is the key feature for your weather which enables you can send push notifications or real-time notifications to send various alerts to your app users.
Appealing Visualisation: Weather is all about looks and feel. Make your weather app more personalised with appealing visualization.
Timelapse: This feature enables the users to go through historical and future weather predictions across the world and different time zones. Users can travel back to the past or see the prediction for the near future.
Predictions: This is the key feature for a weather forecast app. The rain forecast app feature shows the percentage of rain possibilities. It also has ‘cloudy’, ‘partly cloudy’, and ‘very cloudy’ indicators to provide accurate information so that the users stay safe.
Timing: This feature tells your app users sunrise and sunset time and Moonrise time that makes your weather app complete.
Humidity & Visibility: This is not an essential feature for your weather app but can add value to your app if you add it to the list. Users tend to use these features during the monsoon and winter season.
Weather News: Again not essential but could be a win-win if you bring local weather news to your app users. People love to read what is happening in their surroundings when they tap on their weather app.
6 Steps to build your weather application
- Decide on your type of software: What kind of weather app do you want to build with us? Whether it’s a mobile app, a wearable app, a web app, or something else – you can select one or any combination.
- Choose the most similar app to your idea: Choose the most similar app to your app idea. AccuWeather could be the best fit if you’re planning to build a weather forecasting app.
- Select the features you want: Go with the auto-suggestion from our AI-powered library of features for your weather app, or add any custom ones you want in your application.
- Select the launch platform: Do you want to go with iOS, Android, wearable OS (watchOS or Wear OS), Desktop OS (Windows or Mac) or web? Select the launch platform you want to test your MVP – go with one or a combination of all.33
- Select your team and delivery time: Choose the team from the global time zone you prefer and your delivery time (how quickly you want your app developed).
- Launch the app: You’re ready to launch your apps. We’ll help you prepare for a successful launch.
APIs for weather forecast app development
These days, the weather apps are not limited to showing the sunset and sunrise time! There is a lot than that. A weather forecast app includes several features that show realtime data from various sources. Having that data updated on your server manually is not possible as the weather changes every single second. To solve this problem Weather APIs are the best solution for those who are developing consumer-facing weather apps. Here are some of the most famous and reliable APIs for a user-friendly weather app.
- AccuWeather API: This API is one of the most popular and reliable APIs in the developer community. It provides the most accurate weather information to over 2 billion users, supporting over hundred languages. AccuWeather could be your best choice to go with as it provides thousands of realtime observatory from land, sea, and air.
- DarkSky API: This API is known for hyper-local weather forecasting in weekly, daily, and hourly manners. DarkSky has joined Apple and will no longer available for Android users from August 2020 onward but it’s a win-win for iOS developers. So, now it’s an official API for iOS apps.
- OpenWeatherMap: It’s an official API of OpenWeather Ltd, headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It provides current weather data, forecasts, and historical data to more than 2 million customers worldwide.
- Weather Underground: This is the official weather API of “The Weather Channel”, one of the leading weather channels in the world. This API is known for precise weather forecasts of key locations globally and available in 80+ languages.
If it’s something you want to build, build it with no time or discuss your app idea with and we will be happy to assist you. Just drop us a line and our product experts will be in touch with you shortly. Wish you a happy app building experience!
Solving complex business challenges for global brands like NBC Universal, Fujitsu, the BBC and Pepsi.
How we helped Moodit’s users “crowdsource” positivity
With our help, Dr Hassan Yasin created a mental health app designed to help children and adolescents express their worries and improve their social connectedness.
How we saved Makro 98.3% on order management software costs
Asia’s largest cash and carry needed software that could scale with their rapid growth, so we built them something that allowed them to onboard new customers without technical hiccups.
How we helped the BBC run a world-class event experience
BBC Click producers needed an app that enabled their live audience to interact with polls and questions, which Builder.ai delivered in double-quick time.