There’s one thing common between all businesses, Builders— they all have to grow. This is especially true in an age as rapid fire as this digital one. But, how can you grow your business tactically in an age that demands both agility and growth? The answer is technology.
Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) need to embrace technology and data so that they can stay ahead of changing consumer trends and capture market share. How? The following are three ways in which you can grow your business in a digital world.
1. Embrace digital transformation
Digital transformation is real. It is here to stay. For most SMEs, the cost and complexities of transformation may seem too much. But, believe us, achieving digital transformation doesn’t have to be cost-prohibitive or “too big” for your enterprise. New solutions that leverage human-assisted AI and networks of developers can easily decocture large-scale transformation down to suit your business’ needs.
Why do you need to take the leap? Digital transformation is essential at this point for both internal protocols and customer-facing initiatives. For one, your customer is expecting to engage with your brand via digital technologies and anything less leaves your company looking behind the times. There isn’t one big brand today that isn’t appified already. Internally, digital transformation can streamline core business functions such as HR or accounting. More importantly, it can provide you with the one thing you need today to excel:data.
2. Embrace data and cloud
Transferring your infrastructure to the cloud means a number of things, including easier collaboration for your team. Your biggest takeaway from any discussion around this aspect of digital transformation, should be data. Cloud means big data, and big data means analytics that give you transformational insights into your customer. Data you get via customer reviews, for example, can provide the insight you need to tweak an offering to perfection. By leveraging real-time data, you can make ongoing improvements as your business grows, helping you scale tactically.
Getting up into the cloud is easier than you think for SMEs these days. Platforms scaled to suit businesses just like yours leverage partnerships with large cloud providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure to make sure you get cloud at a price you can afford. You can make adjustments as you go, too, to do what? That’s right, scale tactically.
3. Embrace software updates and evolution
Staying dialed into customer opinion and changing trends means embracing evolution. Both internal and front-facing software solutions need to evolve over time. With the right support, you can facilitate software updates on an ongoing basis without breaking sweat or bank. It is the only way to evolve continuously, keep customers happy, and scale tactically without enormous investment.
This may sound too proud, but we really think we’ve cracked the code! With Builder, it’s easy to build software in a cost-and-time-efficient manner. Using Builder Studio, you can now design your idea (no matter how small), and our human-assisted AI will manage the process (thanks to a Capacity Partner Network of 2,000+ technical and creative resources across the globe and our AI-powered platform).Builder makes software development as easy as ordering pizza for individuals and enterprises alike. Builder Studio, Builder Cloud and Studio One help you build, run, and scale successful ideas.
Here’s how it works:
- First, Builder Studio's drag-and-drop menu is so easy to use that anyone can build a project even if you know nothing about tech. Our process offers all the immediate, predictable benefits of Software as a Service (SaaS) with the customisation previously possible only from expensive and complex tailor-made software.Then, once you start your build, our human-assisted AI manages a network tens of thousands of expert software developers across the globe. There is little downtime, reducing costs for you. These specialists deliver your idea efficiently, on time and without the errors normally associated with tailor-made software development.
- Next, Builder Cloud brings you multi-cloud access in a single platform with fine grain analytics, DevOps automation and commitment-free cost savings. Our human-assisted AI works in the background to buy forward capacity from cloud partners including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Digital Ocean and others to ensure we can provide you with capacity—exactly when you need it, and at the best price possible.
- Afterwards, Studio One is a service that proactively updates your app, so you’re never blindsided by 3rd party changes that could easily bring it all down. Even if it means an app needs to be totally rebuilt (something we can do effortlessly as we’re always updating the core features your software was assembled from).
So, Builders, are you ready to embrace the new digital approach and take your business to the next summit? We want to hear your thoughts on all things digital and transformational. Contribute to the conversation here or on social via Facebook, LinkedIn Twitter and Instagram. If you want to explore how we can help facilitate your business’ growth in the digital age, head over to Builder.ai to take a look.
Greig is the Digital Content Lead at Builder.ai and a University of Bristol History grad. He has 5+ years’ experience in B2B SaaS, creating data-driven, human-friendly content for high-growth tech startups. When Greig needs a dopamine hit, he checks Builder.ai’s keyword rankings.